The Derby University scholarship is open to all Nigerian students, which is fantastic news. As a Nigerian student, you may be eligible for one of the scholarships and discounts, which can be combined to offer a fee reduction during your first year of study. Some scholarships can be applied for once you have received an offer from them, while others will be applied automatically if you are eligible.
You must be pursuing a full-time degree. Postgraduate research, online studies, foundation, and pre-sessional language programs do not qualify for a discount or scholarship.
About University Of Derby
University Of Derby is situated in the heart of England and is based on the innovation heritage of the region in order to provide industry-relevant, expert education, ranging from undergraduate and foundation studies and post-graduate research. Their academic strength is backed up by practical experience to ensure that students are ready for a successful career, and they are rated Gold in the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF).
To be considered for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination, NECO Senior School Certificate or General Certificate of Education Ordinary.
- Students with five passes at grade C or above would usually be eligible for the IFY.
- UKVI IELTS 4.5 with a minimum of 4.0 in all components (CEFR B1) is also required.
- Students with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in the National Diploma can typically be considered for direct entrance onto Bachelor programmes.
- Students with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in the Ordinary National Diploma can typically be considered for direct entrance to the first year of Bachelor programmes.
- Students with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in the Higher National Diploma can typically be considered for direct entrance onto the final year of Bachelor programmes.
- The West African GCE Advanced Levels are comparable in terms of grading and equivalence to UK A levels.
- Bachelor degrees from NARIC or government recognised institutions can normally be accepted for master’s studies.
- A score of 60-70% or Second Class Honours (Upper Division) is considered comparable to a UK 2:1
- A score of 50-59% or Second Class Honours (Lower Division) is considered comparable to a UK 2:2
- WAEC C6 – (Equivalent to IELTS 6.0)
- WAEC C4 – (Equivalent to IELTS 6.5)
- WAEC B3 – (Equivalent to IELTS 7.0)